Thursday, August 2, 2012

"After the Rain" (framed)

After the Rain
8x10
Oil on Panel
Framed
$255

Now that I have my "Steering Wheel Easel" that hooks over the wheel, I tried it out in Maine. The first day of my trip, I did three paintings in the car using the easel. I have to be honest with you. There is a limit. When I was painting this piece, it started raining, hard, and I discovered the limit on the use of the easel. You cannot paint out the window if you cannot SEE out of the window. But I did the best I could and when I got this piece home I took a good look and said "no one is going to want that, it is just too grey and boring" So I worked on it in the studio and that's how it got it's name. I think it actually looks like it could be a wet, after the rain scene! This scene is on the causeway that runs from Little Deer Isle to Deer Isle.


No comments:

Post a Comment