Friday, August 31, 2012

"Yellow Freesias" (Matted)

Yellow Freesias
5x7.5
watercolor
Matted archivally
$115

Next to Lilies, I love to paint freesia. They seem just like just like little lillies, plus the added attraction of their great arching stem with a gracious curve. And they last a long time; one opening, then the next. I love this piece, with the bright yellow against the black and purple background.


This piece is archivally matted to 12x14 for a nice presentation. This image, as are the other small florals, is part of "A Year in Bloom" a series of 365 paintings I created one year. Many of these images are available as blank cards, and I have 10 card sets (sets of 5 different blank cards) available on Etsy.


My etsy shop:
<http://www.etsy.com/shop/LynneSchulte?ref=pr_shop_more>


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and fresh - watercolor at its best!
    I agree about the freesias. I have been painting them for years and never get tired of those wonderful shapes.

    ReplyDelete