Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Moving Water"


Moving Water
gold frame
6x6
oil on panel

click to bid

One day in Stonington I had dinner early and was very hungry. Feeling like treating myself, I went to a restaurant and ordered a glass of wine before dinner. Well, the wine was all gone before any food came by and by the end of my dinner I could feel that it had really hit me. Knowing that I couldn't drive to my rental like that, I decided to - what the heck - do another "steering wheel easel" painting of what was in front of me. My easel hooks over the steering wheel while I paint small paintings from the materials sitting on the passenger seat. (I Know, it's not so good for the car, but I've got almose 300,000 on this one and believe me, no one will notice!) I figured it couldn't hurt. Turns out I liked the painting, and after finishing, I took a walk, took a bunch of pictures and safely drove back.

1 comment: