Thursday, July 19, 2012



Remembrance - The Pink Chair Project" #21 "Hidden Treasures"


HIDDEN TREASURES
18X24

AVAILABLE FOR DELAYED SALE (SEE BELOW) 
$780



This painting is one of those that I thought was going to be easy but the panting itself had different ideas. I had a photo of my sister’s garden that I liked but I thought it was too much like “Daisy Love”. So I added more to the painting. I took parts from several photos to create this. It took a long time. In the end, I had a perfect green lawn and I felt it too even and bright and just didn’t work, so I had to take the brush and work on top of it to add leaves, grass, etc. That took a lot of courage, but it worked out OK. There is a purple pump in the foreground and it seemed the most important thing there to me and I didn’t know why. I still don’t, but would miss it if it were gone. I even had my sister take photos of it so I could see it better than I could in the original photo. The “ treasures” are different garden ornaments (three of them, can you find them?) but the real treasure is Mom herself. Obscured by a simple life in a working class neighborhood and a role as a homemaker, Mom was a treasure to those who had the pleasure of knowing her.

I am now sharing my current show with my readers and daily paintworks viewers. This show is currently traveling and unreserved work will be available for purchase after the travel is completed, around mid-2014. Paintings may be held until then with a 10% down payment. E-mail me or see my pink chair project blog, for details. High quality giclee prints are available on paper or canvas in a range of sizes as well as blank cards with this image. E-mail me for further information.

This exhibit tells the story about painting a pink plastic Adirondack chair. The chair represents my mother, Carolyn Elizabeth Pedersen Schulte, of Rochester, NY, who passed on June 5th, 2011. She was a wonderful woman, full of love for everyone around her, and she loved this bright color pink. She was proud of me as an artist and would love what I am doing. I take the chair to favorite places of hers and to places or situations I know she would have liked. It is a way for me to grieve and to celebrate her life. I talk to her as I paint and make sure that she would want to be where the chair has been placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment