Monday, July 16, 2012



Remembrance -The Pink Chair Project #18 - "Reflection"



               
"Reflection"
Oil on Canvas
18x24
Framed; Available for delayed sale (see below)
$780
  


After I did the Remembrance painting I did a second one. I had a hard time choosing which photo to work from and so I decided to do both. It is smaller, but it is also a reflection piece. This one is called, (simply enough) "Reflection". I thought it would be easy after doing the big one. No way, it was harder than the big one, and I am not sure why. Life is like that sometimes. Maybe that is the message I need to hear, a very personal one for me, that I always need to go into each experience with my eyes wide open and ready to do my best and with no assumptions. We think we may know what awaits us, but surprises are around every corner. Sometimes we get deeper into an idea by revisiting it from another angle or just waiting until our conscious gets out of the way. I did not plan to do as many paintings as I have done, but the subconscious messages keep pouring out, the more I do.


I am now sharing my current show with my readers and daily paintworks viewers. This show is currently traveling and unreserved work will be available for purchase after the travel is completed, around mid-2014. Paintings may be held until then with a 10% down payment. E-mail me or see my pink chair project blog, for details.

This exhibit tells the story about painting a pink plastic Adirondack chair. The chair represents my mother, Carolyn Elizabeth Pedersen Schulte, of Rochester, NY, who passed on June 5th, 2011. She was a wonderful woman, full of love for everyone around her, and she loved this bright color pink. She was proud of me as an artist and would love what I am doing. I take the chair to favorite places of hers and to places or situations I know she would have liked. It is a way for me to grieve and to celebrate her life. I talk to her as I paint and make sure that she would want to be where the chair has been placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment