Wednesday, July 11, 2012


Remembrance -The Pink Chair Project #14 - "Visiting"


            
               
                    "VISITING"
Oil on Canvas
20x20
$750

Available for delayed sale (see below)

This piece depicts a beautiful garden in my sister’s backyard. The pond is the center of evening campfire conversations, and has served many family gatherings, and even was the location for a renewal of wedding vows for my brother. It also serves as a memorial to my sister’s daughter, Laura, who succumbed to a brain tumor at age 22. The artifacts around it celebrate her life and love, with butterfly symbols and a pair of nestling love birds given to Georgie at a memorial service. I did the painting from a photo I took in August, but I like the lush look of spring better, with the beautiful green moss. So I put summer flowers with spring water, and like it just fine!
 Laura

I am now sharing my current show with my readers and daily paintworks viewers. This show is currently traveling and will be available for purchase after the travel is completed, around mid-2014. Paintings may be held until then with a 10% down payment. E-mail me or see my pink chair project blog, for details

This exhibit tells the story about painting a pink plastic Adirondack chair. The chair represents my mother, Carolyn Elizabeth Pedersen Schulte, of Rochester, NY, who passed on June 5th, 2011. She was a wonderful woman, full of love for everyone around her, and she loved this bright color pink. She was proud of me as an artist and would love what I am doing. I take the chair to favorite places of hers and to places or situations I know she would have liked. It is a way for me to grieve and to celebrate her life. I talk to her as I paint and make sure that she would want to be where the chair has been placed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment