Saturday, July 7, 2012



Remembrance -The Pink Chair Project #11 - "Conversation"


          


"CONVERSATION"

Oil on Canvas
20X20

Reserved for sale; Wait List available


In May, I exhibited my series of Coastal Sunrises at the Marblehead Art Association. Twenty five paintings grew out of a week at Goose Rocks Beach in Kennebunkport, Maine. I had this canvas started but not completed in time for that show. So I took the sky I had started, and added the foreground from two resources: a photo of the grass and rocks, and from the pink chair now sitting in my studio. Then I gave each chair a coffee cup. This painting has two chairs – one for me and one for Mom – so I can show her the show she missed because she was not able to come. This painting has been reserved for delayed sale. High quality giclee prints on canvas or paper and blank cards are available; please e-mail me if you are interested.


I am now sharing my current show with my readers and daily paintworks viewers. This show is currently traveling and will be available for purchase after the travel is completed, around mid-2014. Paintings may be held until then with a 10% down payment. E-mail me or see my pink chair project blog, for details

This exhibit tells the story about painting a pink plastic Adirondack chair. The chair represents my mother, Carolyn Elizabeth Pedersen Schulte, of Rochester, NY, who passed on June 5th, 2011. She was a wonderful woman, full of love for everyone around her, and she loved this bright color pink. She was proud of me as an artist and would love what I am doing. I take the chair to favorite places of hers and to places or situations I know she would have liked. It is a way for me to grieve and to celebrate her life. I talk to her as I paint and make sure that she would want to be where the chair has been placed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment