Saturday, March 10, 2012

Two Classics

I decided to post two classic pieces that remain popular as decorative prints and in the card collections and singles. It's nice to visit old friends!

First Poppy and Sage

"First Poppy and Sage"
Oil on prepared paper 8x6"
Genre: Floral

Sold

Furst Poppy and Sage was one of the first pieces sold when the show was up and remains popular. This was not only the first poppy of the season, but the first one I remember growing! The sage is just a lovely accent to it.


"Asters by the Rainy Pond"

"Asters by the Rainy Pond"
Oil on prepared paper 8x6"
Genre: Floral

Sold


Ah, the memories. I painted this while it was raining by our little pond in Vermont. I was roaring along in my series and wanted to paint in spite of the weather. So I set up my easel and a great big beach umbrella and finished this one. Everyone loves it; You can feel the drops in the water and see the reflections of the trees across the way.



"A Year in Bloom" was a floral series that I did while I lived in Vermont. I created 365 paintings of flowers, with about 85% of them oils and the rest watercolor. The images were used to create series of cards and you can see them on line. The poppy is part of the blue ribbon set and the Asters by the Rainy Pond is part of the Gardens and Bouquets collection. See the blue ribbon collection by clicking here. See the gardens and Bouquet Collection by clicking here. Single cards are also available; see them hereEach card has an individually hand-glued mini print of a floral from the series. You can read more about the series including my journal from that year, by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment