Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fairy Roses and Nicotania Leaves"






"Fairy Roses and Nicotania Leaves"

#337 in the series "A Year in Bloom"
Oil on prepared paper 6x8"
Genre: Floral
art only, no mat/frame
minimum bid $90




I will always remember those fairy roses because someone brought them to us as a wedding gift, and they stood on either side of the "aisle" we walked down on across the grass by our pond, to get to the minister. Later I planted them in the garden and I loved the lack of maintenance. Good thing too, as they are very prickery! I liked the leaves too; I haven't grown nicotania (flowering tobacco) since, but it is a plant with PRESENCE. Big leaves and white flowers that reach for the sky.


"A Year in Bloom" was a floral series that I did while I lived in Vermont. I created 365 paintings of flowers, with about 85% of them oils and the rest watercolor. The images were used to create series of cards and you can see them on line. This piece is part of the purple ribbon set  See the purple ribbon collection by clicking here. Single cards are also available; see them hereEach card has an individually hand-glued mini print of a floral from the series. Any image in one of the sets is available as a single, even if it is not yet on the store site; just e-mail me. lynne@lynneschulte.com You can read more about the series including my journal from that year, by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment