Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Coral Anemone"





"Coral Anemone"

108 in the series "A Year in Bloom"
Oil on prepared paper 6x8"
Genre: Floral
art only, no mat/frame


I just love anemones when it comes to painting......They are dramatic with that black center, have a great structure of interesting petals going every which way, and cool curly leaves. I painted thm frequently when I was doing the series "A Year in Bloom" This one is one of my favorites and is from the classic Pink Ribbon Collection of cards, the first set created. 


"A Year in Bloom" was a floral series that I did while I lived in Vermont. I created 365 paintings of flowers, with about 85% of them oils and the rest watercolor. The images were used to create series of cards and you can see them on line. This piece is part of the pink ribbon set, a set with a great sense of spring coming in.  See the pink ribbon collection by clicking here. Single cards are also available; see them hereEach card has an individually hand-glued mini print of a floral from the series. Any image in one of the sets is available as a single, even if it is not yet on the store site; just e-mail me.lynne@lynneschulte.com You can read more about the series including my journal from that year, by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment