Friday, July 5, 2013

"Red Pears and Cherries"






6x6 oil on panel

Available at Auction on Daily Paintworks
Starting bid $89

to bid click here


Finally! It's the first piece I did back in my home studio after my Carol Marine workshop and after my week painting plein aire in Maine.  I have always loved the beautiful red pears and the glow and sparkle of cherries so I chose to do them first. The hardest part was the white oval soap dish the pear is sitting in. It's hard enough to get an elipse from a round object, and now an oval is something else entirely. But I am happy with this. I do not know how long I will do still life this way. Currently it is a good way for me to solidify the learning I had in the workshop. But I also find I am looking at landscape and florals differently so let's all just watch this new direction unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment