Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cranberry Isles Fishermen's COOP #1


Cranberry Isles Fishermen's COOP #1

8x8

Contemporary exhibit line float frame


Starting bid $100
Buy it now: $350


My time on the island of Islesford was very special - it was a weekend class with Henry Isaacs and Ashley Bryan. It just didn't matter that it was raining almost the whole time, we were all so happy to be there. Heaven at an island in the sea….  I had found a place to paint on an enclosed porch that looked out to the next dock, which housed the lobster COOP that served both Cranberry Islands. I was taken by the abstract quality of what I was seeing - the yellow metal structure, a weigh station, I think - tell me if I am wrong!, a ladder down to the water, wonderful pieces of wood and a spot that had a really bright orange spot in a bit of unexpected sunlight. Yum, yum, I like this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment