Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sunset at Menemsha


Sunset at Menemsha
8x10
Oil on Panel

I am experimenting with palette knife. This piece is about 90% done using that technique. If you've never watched the sunset at Menemsha in Martha's Vinyard, put it on your list. The sky is so big here, I don't know how I got it int an 8x10. Not to worry, I've got a bigger one in the works.



I am participating in the Hurricane Sandy fundraiser through Daily Paintworks. Artists donate a painting for auction and all profits go to Hurricane relief. I am currently looking for the best place to send funds and am open to suggestions.
The piece I am entering is now on auction. The minimum bid of $150 is far below the regular price of $470 so you are likely to get a good deal! The location pictured is at Colton Pond in Vermont, along rte.100 just past the intersection of rte. 4 and rte.100. A nice quiet and beautiful place to stop for a picnic! Long range views of the mountains and a very private setting. I was the only car there the day I painted this. It is a good sized piece at 12"x25"

Colton Pond 12x25  oil on panel   opening bid $150

No comments:

Post a Comment