Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blue and White

Blue and White
12x16
$300
Acrylic on paper


In my 50 day project, I have been alternating between realistic and abstract paintings. This piece is an attempt to bring the two together; the defined subject matter along with the range of brushes, palette knife and freer techniques. I like the bold contrasts and the complimentary color scheme. I think we've got "essence of iris" and "essence of tulip leaves"  for example, even though you may not see all clearly. It's challenging to step back from spelling it all out.


I am participating in the Hurricane Sandy fundraiser through Daily Paintworks. Artists donate a painting for auction and all profits go to Hurricane relief. I am currently looking for the best place to send funds and am open to suggestions.
The piece I am entering is now on auction. The minimum bid of $150 is far below the regular price of $470 so you are likely to get a good deal! The location pictured is at Colton Pond in Vermont, along rte.100 just past the intersection of rte. 4 and rte.100. A nice quiet and beautiful place to stop for a picnic! Long range views of the mountains and a very private setting. I was the only car there the day I painted this. It is a good sized piece at 12"x25"

Colton Pond 12x25  oil on panel   opening bid $150

No comments:

Post a Comment