Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Red Poinsettia on Blue"

Red Poinsettia on Blue
5x7.5
Oil on prepared paper
120
$120


This is one of a series of holly and poinsettias images from my "A Year in Bloom" series that I have used for years to make holiday cards from. I am finally willing to let them go. I think that will help me to make new ones next year! A purchaser will receive a few of the cards from the series as a gift. This is a particularly dramatic image of a red poinsettia.




I am participating in the Hurricane Sandy fundraiser through Daily Paintworks. Artists donate a painting for auction and all profits go to Hurricane relief. I am currently looking for the best place to send funds and am open to suggestions.
The piece I am entering is now on auction. The minimum bid of $150 is far below the regular price of $470 so you are likely to get a good deal! The location pictured is at Colton Pond in Vermont, along rte.100 just past the intersection of rte. 4 and rte.100. A nice quiet and beautiful place to stop for a picnic! Long range views of the mountains and a very private setting. I was the only car there the day I painted this. It is a good sized piece at 12"x25"

Colton Pond   12 x 24 oil on Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment