Friday, June 28, 2013

Open Rose (Matted)




7.5x5 oil on prepared paper, archivally matted

Available at Auction on Daily Paintworks
Starting bid $85


An update for my readers:
I am restarting my Daily Paintworks blog. After a recent workshop with Carol Marine, I have returned all refreshed and inspired! I will be posting some pieces that I have posted before, but these will be now available at auction for a great price! Some will be new works inspired by the workshop, and oil sketches done on location as I work plein aire on pieces that will become larger works in the studio. The works primarily posted here will be my smaller work. Larger work will now be available through my brand-new gallery. (No website yet at larkrisinggallery.com, but watch for it and e-mail me if there is a painting you were looking for.) The new gallery is called Lark Rising, and like that bird, will lift your spirits! It is in Rockport, MA, on Bearskin Neck in the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge lobby.

I had a lovely bunch of roses and was experimenting with how to make them freshly and quickly. This is one that I love: It just worked and doing anythig else would have not made it better.


This piece is archivally matted to 12x14 for a nice presentation. This image, as are the other small florals, is part of "A Year in Bloom" a series of 365 paintings I created one year. Many of these images are available as blank cards, and I have 10 card sets (sets of 5 different blank cards) available on Etsy.

My etsy shop:
<http://www.etsy.com/shop/LynneSchulte?ref=pr_shop_more>

No comments:

Post a Comment