Friday, April 13, 2012

Framed "Hancock Wharf"

Hancock Wharf
12x12
Oil on Canvas
Gold Frame
$375

Now I am moving up the coast and going to one of my (sort of) local painting spots. I just love this spot in York, Maine. The building pictured is the museum at the John Hancock Wharf, where he did his business. Nearby is the George Marshall Store. This is a historic building - the original store that sold the goods that came in to be unloaded onto the Hancock wharf, and other items. Now it is a wonderful contemporary art gallery, showing rising and established regional artists. Both of these sit on the banks of the York river, a lovely setting with a big wide dock. All this 40 minutes from my home!I have painted here several times.

George Marshall Store



George Marshall Store

No comments:

Post a Comment